Few new things I learnt on the day are
- Ask chef to taste dishes you have completed, his opinion is the law.
- Warn everyone clearly and loudly when moving sharp and hot objects because you are too dangerous.
- Don’t mess around with the chef; a happy chef is the best boss ever.
- Everything on TV shows about kitchen is fake. Forget it.
- Learn sorry in all International languages, will come in use.
The first thing to know is that tossing should only be attempted in cookware with curved, sloping sides. The mechanics of food tossing is kind of like ski jumping, and ski jumpers race downhill towards a ramp, not a wall. In fact, let’s use ski jumping as an analogy.
Now our ski-jumping analogy ends, because if we were to stick with it, you’d let the food go shooting out of the pan and onto whatever’s in front of you, and we don’t want that. Instead, just as the food is beginning to launch out of the pan, you want to lift the front edge of the pan while pulling back ever so slightly, to redirect the food’s trajectory so that it shoots up vertically, or—even better—backwards and slightly towards you.
With the food airborne and, we hope, you next need to bring the pan slightly forward again to catch all the food as it comes down. Execute it well and all of the food will end up right where it started and not on the floor. Note that once you get the hang of this motion, you can loop it so that the forward movement in this last step of catching the food simultaneously functions as the forward movement of the next launch.
INDO-CHINESE FRIED RICE
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Serves 2 to 3
Onion chopped – 1
Green chilli chopped –
Spring onions – 2
Green peas – 2 tbsp
Soy sauce – 3 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Pepper and salt to taste
Sugar – 1/4 tbsp(optional)
Oil – 4 tbsp
- Wash and dry vegetables.
- Chop all vegetables finely.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and season with some salt and pepper.
- Cook the rice with separated grains and allow it to cool down in a plate.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil and pour in the seasoned eggs.
- Stir and cook till they are done.
- Keep them aside.
INDO-CHINESE CHILLI CHICKEN
2 tbsp Soya Sauce
2 tbsp Corn Flour/Corn Starch
5-6 Chopped Green Chilies
2 Onion Chopped
1 tsp Garlic Paste
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder
1 tsp Sugar
A pinch of ajinomoto ( monosodium glutamate) optional
2 cups chicken Broth/ Water
1 tbsp Oil
Cubes of red, green and yellow peppers and onion (half each) and oil to fry
- Cut the boneless chicken pieces into 1 ” cubes.
- Heat oil and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown.
- Add fried chicken pieces, peppers and onion cubes to it and cook for few minutes.
- Dissolve the remaining corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add to the gravy stirring constantly to avoid lumps. ( add only when it is really boiling) Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve chinese chili chicken hot garnished with chopped green onion tops.
Indo-Chinese chili chicken goes well with fried rice. Enjoy cooking!!