Heightened plate presentation consists of placing several elements on top of each other or in an elevated fashion to create a heightening effect. Add height to the plate, either you can add potatoes, rice or pasta, anything which is stable and should accompany the main course. Always think about contrasting the colours as well. Keep in mind that every element in the plate must play an important role in the texture and taste as a whole.
Moru curry is a simple curd/ plain yogurt based kerala dish which goes well with rice.
Moru Curry / spiced yogurt
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ginger – 2 tsp chopped
Shallots/Small onion – 2 nos chopped
Green chili – to taste chopped
Dry red chili – 2 nos
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek – 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil /Cooking Oil – 1 tbsp to temper the ingredients
2. Add water a little at a time blending it to keep it smooth
3. Heat oil in a pan & splutter mustard & fenugreek seeds.
4. Add dry red chilli, chopped small onion, green chillies, chopped ginger, curry leaves, sauté it for a minute.
5. Add turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
6. Add buttermilk/ well beaten sour curd and mix well.
7. Keep it on medium-low heat with continuous stirring till the mix foams up and rises again ( never bring it to boil. Yogurt will split) It will take around 5 minutes.
8. Remove from fire, stir for a few more minutes. Serve with rice.