If you are a fish lover try this!! Not only you love me, your neighbours too will love you. So gorgeous is the smell and the taste. The food from kerala is simple, zesty, flavourful, and offers an intelligent combination of potent spices. Sardines is a popular fish to do a shallow fry, they are easy to prepare and tastes great.
Here in this post I have done this fish on a coloured plate to contrast the food. When I saw this blue plate in the shop, I was in a dilemma to get it or not. Still I found something interesting in that plate. It is really challenging for me as it is a blue colour, of all the colours in the spectrum, blue is an appetite suppressant.
Did you know that the colour of your food, dishes, table linens and wall colour can all have an effect on your appetite? Some colours can excite your senses and entice you to eat more, while others won’t.
I have read in one article, the makers of M&Ms – an American candy that contains an assortment of different coloured chocolate sweets -added a new colour to its candy bag: Blue. Why Blue? Although they reported that this was the result of a vote by M&M’s fans it raises a few questions. It may very well be the last colour left in the bag after the novelty wears off.
Kerala spiced shallow fried Sardines.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
cooking time – 10 minutes
serves – 2/3
Sardines : 500 grams
Ginger-Garlic Paste : ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
Red chilli Powder : ½ tsp ( to taste)
Freshly grounded Black Pepper Powder : 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice : 1 tsp
Coconut Oil/Vegetable oil as required (preferably coconut oil)
Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
Salt to taste
1) Clean and dry the cleaned fish
2) Make a fine paste of all ingredients with cooking oil or coconut oil.
3) Apply the masala paste on the fish and do make sure to rub the paste inside the fish’s stomach and gashes.
4) Marinate the fish in the refrigerator for half an hour.
5) Pour required coconut oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish both sides.
6) Add curry leaves as well in the oil with the fish.
7) Once the fish is done remove from heat; transfer it to a paper towel. Serve hot with rice and Enjoy!