Pastas used – Ricotta spinach tortellini and spaghetti
Sauce – Makhani sauce
Recipe for Makhani sauce
Serves 3- 4
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Onion –2 nos (chopped)
Green chilli – 1
Cashew nuts – 8 to 10
A small piece stone flower – small piece
Bay leaves – 2 nos
Cloves – 2 nos
Green cardamom – 2 nos
Black cardamom – 1 nos
A small piece of mace
Butter – 3 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
A pinch of sugar
Fresh cream- ¼ cup
Roasted kasoori methi (powdered) ¼ tsp
1) Soak the cashew nuts in warm water for half an hour and grind to make a smooth paste.
2) Boil onion, tomatoes and green chilli together. Cool and grind to a smooth paste.
3) Mix butter and oil together in a pan and heat them.
4) Add all the whole spices and sauté on low flame.
5) Add the coriander, red chilli, turmeric powders and mix.
6) Add the cooked onion-tomato-chilli paste and cook.
7) Add the cashew nut paste, mix and cook bit more.
8) Add water to the gravy to bring it to your right consistency.
9) Switch off the flame and mix the cream and garnish with kasthoori methi.
10) Makhani gravy is ready