We love chicken drumsticks; this is one of the best recipes that I have ever tried! Chicken legs are cheap and everything in this recipe is probably ready in your kitchen, and it is easy!
There are countless reasons why chicken is a go-to food for every meal. Not only is it delicious, it’s also easy to prepare and fairly inexpensive. When it comes to meal planning, there are two key elements to finding success: Timing and variety. If you don’t mix things up, everyone in your table will get bored of eating the same thing every day.
Kerala spiced chicken drumsticks
Serves – 2 to 3
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Chicken drum stick – 8 nos
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Red chilly powder – to taste
Pepper powder – 1/2Tsp
Fennel powder – 1/2Tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2Tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2Tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4Tsp
Lemon juice – 2Tsp
Curry leaves – 1Spring
Oil for deep fry
Salt to taste
1) Wash the chicken legs, and make small slits on each leg piece.
2) Mix in a bowl pepper powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, red chilly powder, ginger/ garlic paste, salt and lemon juice.
3) Marinate the chicken pieces well with this spice mixture. Refrigerate and allow it to marinate for at least 3-4 hours.
4) Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry these chicken pieces by turning at regular intervals.
5) Add some curry leaves to oil for flavour . Remove chicken from the oil when it done.
6) Your kerala spiced chicken drumsticks are ready to serve hot.