Egg lovers, rejoice! Here is a recipe you would love. There is no fixed time to enjoy this dish. You can have it for an Indian breakfast, lunch or dinner. An incredible thing about egg dishes is that they go well with anything, be it rice, chapatis, parathas or any Indian bread.
Put on your aprons, pull out the pans and get cracking!
This is an egg curry with a South Indian twist. These eggs are simmered in tangy tomato and onion based gravy. It is a delectable dish for every egg lover out there!
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Boiled eggs – 4
Onions chopped – 2
Tomatoes chopped – 2
Garlic chopped – 2 cloves
Ginger chopped – 1 small piece
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Garam masala powder – 3/4 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander leaves finely chopped – 1 Stalk
Water – 1/4 cup
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil or vegetable oil
Salt , to taste
- Heat oil in a Kadai and add chopped ginger, garlic, onions and curry leaves. Turn the heat to medium and sauté until onions turn golden brown.
- Add garam masala, pepper, chilli, coriander and turmeric powders and sauté for few minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and salt. Simmer for a few minutes until the tomato begins to boil.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- When the gravy starts boiling, turn the flame to low and add boiled eggs.
- Cover the pan and simmer the egg roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat; add in the chopped coriander leaves. Kerala egg roast is ready to serve.